Mca21 is a portal and its main purpose of this scheme is to convert the Ministry’s mode of operating from traditional paper to paperless. .The Ministry of Corporate Affairs was met with the difficulty of providing services to nearly 7.5 lakh corporate entities In the year 2002. Huge numbers of paperwork were to be processed then government decided to fix this problem to fight this problem that time Congress government created Mca21.
Mca21 is a plan executed by the ministry of company affairs, the government of India ( Earlier Department of company affairs, the ministry of finance, and government of India. Mca21 is envisioned to accommodate anytime and anywhere assistance to business by the ministry of company affairs.
Enabling the change
- Public-Private Partnership (PPP).
- BOOT model (Build Own Operate and Transfer).
- With total service and outcome orientation.
- Service level agreements.
- Project monitoring by external auditors/reviewers.
The Challenges Faced & Surmounted
- Pioneering first of its kind project with no references/templates.
- The short time span for implementation.
- Change Management of the Ministry employees/stakeholders.
- The absence of strong ‘End-User organization/body.
MCA21 – Key Features
- Anywhere, anytime e-filing.
- Re-engineered forms adopted for e-filing.
- Multiple payment options – including electronic payments.
- Digital signatures for authentication of documents.
- Unique Identification for Companies & Directors.
- Migration of past paper records into the proposed electronic storage.
- Electronic workflow-driven paperless Back Office in MCA.
- Ensuring speed and certainty in service fulfilment.
- Ease in conducting business.
- Online availability of MCA on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Enabled to offer efficient services to corporates.
- Easy registration and verification of charges.
- Effective compliance management & transparency.
- Efficiency, accountability & effectiveness in Service Delivery.
MCA21- Special Features
- Robust, Open, Scalable and Interoperable Standards.
- International Standards of Security.
- MCA Gateway for Access, Security & Governance.
- One of the most popular portals in India with a peak portal hit of 14 million on a single day.
- One of the largest digital signature implementation in the Government of India.