It was the archaeological site on the left bank of river Ravi and people who lived near Ravi river called Harappans. Charles Mansour first informed the demolition of Harappa in 1826 and Under the guidance of John Marshall, Dayaram Sahni started the excavation work of this place in 1921. This civilization was named after the name of Harappa, the place where this culture was first discovered.
- Which Is The Oldest Civilization In The World?
- Who Discovered Mohenjo-Daro?
- Chanhudaro Harappa’s Site
- Who found Lothal?
- Quiz On Harappa Civilization In Hindi Part-1
- Quiz On Harappa Civilization In Hindi Part-2
- What Is The Great Granary?
- Harappan script- Mystery
- Agriculture In Harappa Civilization
- What Caused The Collapse Of The Harappan?
- Quiz On Harappa Civilization In Hindi Part-3
- Rise and Fall of Harappa Civilization
- Harappan Civilization Important facts For Exam
- Gk Quiz On Harappa Civilization In Hindi Part -4
- Ancient Cities Of Harappa On The Banks Of River – Indus Civilization
- Harappa – Curse of the Blood River
Which Is The Oldest Civilization In The World?
Mesopotamia is the oldest civilization in the world while Harappa is the oldest cities of the subcontinent these cities were built around 4700 years ago and survived for around 1000 years.
Who Discovered Mohenjo-Daro?
On the right side of the Indus river archaeologist found the demise of this Mohanjodaro civilization which is currently situated in Larkana district of Pakistan. Mohanjo-Daro was discovered by Rakhaldas Banerjee in 1922 AD.
Chanhudaro Harappa’s Site
This place was located in the south of Mohanjodaro and this place is construction site of bones seals and dolls as well. Gopal Majumdar discovered Chanhudaro in 1931 and excavation was done by E.J.H. Mackay in 1943.
Who found Lothal?
It was situated on the banks of the Bhogwa river in Ahmedabad district of Gujarat. Ranganath Rao had started Digging Lothal in 1954-55 AD. There was a market in the north of Lothal town and an industrial area in the south. Workshops of artisans, beads, copper and gold craftsmen have also built.
Quiz On Harappa Civilization In Hindi Part-1
Kalibanga- Black Bangles
This place is situated on the left bank of the Ghagghar river in Rajasthan. Excavation had been done by B.B Laal and B.B Thaper in 1953. A security wall built for the protection of this area like Harappa.
Surkotada Indus Valley Civilization
This place is located in Gujarat’s Kutch district. This site was discovered by Jagpati Joshi in 1964. This site reflects the remains of the fall of the Indus civilization.
|S.N||हड़प्पाई पुरातत्व के विकास के प्रमुख चरण||वर्ष|
|1||आर.एस. बिष्ट द्वारा धौलावीरा में उत्खननों का आरंभ||1990|
|2||हड़प्पाई मुहर पर कनिंघम की रिपोर्ट बीसवीं शताब्दी||1875|
|3||माधो स्वरूप वत्स द्वारा हड़प्पा में उत्खननों का आरंभ||1921|
|4||मोहनजोदड़ो में उत्खननों का प्रारंभ||1925|
|5||आर.ई.एम. व्हीलर द्वारा हडप्पा में उत्खनन||1946|
|6||एस. आर. राव द्वारा लोथल में खुदाई का आरंभ||1955|
|7||बी.बी. लाल तथा बी.के. थापर के नेतृत्व में कालीबंगन में उत्खननों का आरंभ||1960|
|8||जर्मन-इतावली संयुक्त दल द्वारा मोहनजोदड़ो में सतह-अन्वेषणों का आरंभ||1980|
|9||अमरीकी दल द्वारा हडप्पा में उत्खननों का आरंभ||1986|
When Was The Great Bath Built And How Deep Is The Great Bath?
The Great Bath was built at the time of Harappa civilization around 4000 years ago. The great bath is a most notable monument of this civilization is the great bath. Its expanse is 32.9 meters east to west and 54.86 meters north to south. Bathkund located in the middle of Great Bath it is 11.89 meters long, 17.01 meters wide and 2.44 meters deep. A width of 2.43 meters wide was made on the southern and northern sides to enter this watercourse. The construction of the great bath probably for the bathing on a religious occasion.
Quiz On Harappa Civilization In Hindi Part-2
What Is The Great Granary?
Granary was a place where food and crop had been stored in Indus valley civilization time. Granary was situated in the west of the great bath and this was probably the largest building of the Mohanjo-Daro civilization. It is the largest structure of ripe bricks and the great granary was 45.72 meters long and 22.86 meters wide. There was also a system for transmission of air and Its main entrance was towards the river.
Harappan script- Mystery
The Harappan script has not been read yet as the hieroglyphic script of Egypt. The earliest sample of this script was found in 1853 but we know more about it in 1923.
Agriculture In Harappa Civilization
Fertile alluvial soil brought from the Sindu rivers and its tributaries per year were considered important for agriculture in Harappa civilization. Wheat and barley were cultivated in these fertile plains Mainly and these two crops were the main crop of Indus civilization.
So far 9 crops have been identified. Rice (only in Gujarat (Lothal) and possibly in Rajasthan), two varieties of barley, three varieties of wheat, cotton, dates, watermelon, peas. The archaeologist also found residues of paddy and Bajra cultivation due to the excavation of Lothal.
Hunting In Indus Civilization
Many bones of animals have found from Harappa sites include cattle, sheep, goats, buffaloes and pigs Fish and birds. Studies conducted by palaeontologists or biologists indicate that all these animals were pets. We have not know that the Harappan residents used to hunt for these animals themselves or get their meat sellers.
What Caused The Collapse Of The Harappan?
Evidence has been found that most of the developed Harappan sites were destroyed by a massive flood but all archaeologist not saying the same thing on how did Harappan civilization come to an end some archaeologist saying that out invasion was the reason of the collapse of Harappan.
- सिंधु सभ्यता बाढ़ के कारण नष्ट हुई। -अर्नेस्ट मैके एवं जॉन मार्शल
- सैन्धव सभ्यता विदेशी आक्रमण व आर्यों के आक्रमण से नष्ट हुई-गार्डन चाइल्ड एवं मार्टीमर हीलर, डी.एच. गार्डन, स्टुअर्ट पिग्गट
- प्रशासनिक शिथिलता के कारण इस सभ्यता का विनाश हुआ -जॉन मार्शल
- जलवायु में हुए परिवर्तन के कारण यह सभ्यता नष्ट हुई -ऑरेल स्टाईन
- भू-तात्विक परिवर्तन के कारण यह सभ्यता नष्ट हुई –एम०आर० साहनी, आर.एल. राइक्स एवं जार्ज एफ. डेल्स, एच.टी. लैम्ब्रिक
- मोहन जोदड़ो के लोगों की आग लगाकर हत्या कर दी गयी-डी. डी. कौसाम्बी
Quiz On Harappa Civilization In Hindi Part-3
Harappa Civilization In Hindi Notes
- मेहरगढ़ में कपास की खेती (लगभग 7000 साल पहले)
- नगरों का आरंभ (लगभग 4700 साल पहले)
- हड़प्पा के नगरों के अंत की शुरुआत (लगभग 3900 साल पहले)
- अन्य नगरों का विकास (लगभग 2500साल पहले)
Rise and Fall of Harappa Civilization
- The cities of Harappa develop between 2700 to 1900 BC
- Rig Veda’s composition is between 1500 to 1000 BC
- The emergence of cities in Mahajanapadas and plains of Ganga and the –rise of ideas related to Upanishads, Jainism and Buddhism, reached around 500 BC
- Sikandar invasion in the northwest, about 327-325 BC
- To become king of Chandragupta Maurya is about 321 BC.
- Ashoka’s rule dated between 272/268 E.P. to 231 BCE
- Sangam literature is composed of approximately 300 E.P0-300E
- Kanishka’s rule is approximately 78-100 AD
- The establishment of the Gupta Empire was approximately 320 E
- Compilation of Jain literature in Vallabhuti’s Council, circa 512/521
- Harshvardhan’s rule 606-647E
- Chinese traveller Tsang arrived in India 630-643
- Governance of Pulakeshin II, 609-642 AD
Harappan Civilization Important facts For Exam
|S.N||Harappa Civilization||Important Fact|
|1||Harappan civilization||Triangle in shape|
|2||Area of civilization||12,99,600 km|
|3||The length from east to west||1600 km|
|4||Length from north to south||1400 km|
|5||Most Western archaeological site||Sutkagen-Dor (Baluchistan)|
|6||Most Eastern archaeological site||Alamgirpur (Meerut)|
|7||Most Northern archaeological site||Manda (J & K)|
|8||Most Southern archaeological site||Dayamabad (Maharashtra)|
|9||The largest Harappan site||Mohan Jodro|
|10||The largest Harappan site in India||Dholavira|
|11||The twin capital of the Harappan civilization||Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro|
Gk Quiz On Harappa Civilization In Hindi Part -4
Ancient Cities Of Harappa On The Banks Of River – Indus Civilization
Like harappa kis nadi ke kinare sthit hai
|S.N||Ancient City Name||River Name|
For More Information You can read this book-