IRTC is the most popular platform to book online ticket for railway journey in India. before start reading this article we want to confirm you that IRTC word is misspelt of IRCTC. Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) website has been upgraded on 8 June 2018. Irct has added many new features to improve the user experience. Probably it is a beta version of the original website.
The old feature has been preserved in the IRTC’s new website while many new work features have been added. The Waiting list prediction feature is very significant for IRCTC users. We have investigated new IRCTC website for the benefit of our readers. Some New features of website have been mentioned below. Now any person can search about Irtc, its rail seat availability without IRCTC login. All these tasks can be performed without Irtc log in Actually and you will be able to check the train and also check Irtc PNR status without login.
IRCTC LOGIN – www.irctc.co.in
Irtc is well known for Indian government’s revenue source it is working various areas like catering advertisement on Irtc booking page. let’s know how Irtc works to generate money for the central government. Catering services were provided through approximately 11,580 static catering units and on 285 pairs of trains through pantry cars. 100 trains were serviced through train side vending. Departmental catering units under Zonal Railways and IRTC were 05 and 808 respectively. Private licencees under Zonal Railways and IRTC operated 3,755 and 7,397 catering units respectively. Sales turnover of departmental catering units during 2009-10 was 150.06 crore as against 141.71 crores in the previous year. Licence fees realised from the catering/vending contractors were 205.30 crores in 2009-10 as against 261.21 crores during 2008-09.
IRTC login is the main page of IRTC website for booking online rail ticket if you want to book a ticket in IRCTC log in then you have to go Irtc login page first. Irtc ticket booking process by Passenger Reservation System (PRS) that is Countrywide Network of Computerized Enhanced Reservation and Ticketing (CONCERT). PRS has been installed at more than 2,061 locations having 7,663 terminals for IRTC online ticket reservation.
In the beginning, Indian Railway’s website www.indianrail.gov.in facilitates internet-based rail reservation and enquiry through Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation (IRTC) portal but after some time IRTC take responsibilities to make ticket booking, train enquire or IRTC PNR status. Mobile phone-based SMS enquiry services on the availability of berths, the status of waitlisted passengers, etc. have also been introduced undertaken by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).
IRCTC Train Enquiry
Irtc train enquiry is a term which is mostly using by those people who have reserved his/her ticket in Irct.com. In India ticket booking in IRTC is as difficult as climb on the Everest. most people don’t get a ticket in Irtc for them Indian Railway makes a new technology called Unreserved Ticketing Systems (UTS). This a computer-based ticketing application for issue of unreserved tickets.
As on 31st March 2010, UTS has been functional at 3,614 locations. A total of 53.31 crore passengers were served, resulting in total earnings of 833.75 crores during the year. Other Projects: CRIS has undertaken many important projects, viz., Parcel Management System(PMS) at 10 Stations of Delhi-Howrah corridor to reduce the time for booking, dispatch and delivery of parcel packages; Rake Management System deployed at 240 locations on India railway for live monitoring running passenger of an express train for the IRTC train enquiry.
IRCTC PNR Status
Irtc PNR Status term is used for people who have got a seat in Irtc railway but their ticket has not confirmed yet. Internet Ticketing System also using for know Irtc PNR status for these type of facilities During 2009-10, the number of railway tickets booked through the IRTC PNR status website www.irctc.co.in went up to 7.20 crore as against 4.41 crore during the previous year. The value of tickets booked has also gone up to 6,001 crores during the year as against 3,889 crores during the previous year. During the year, IRTC earned a total income of 721.97 crores as compared to 618.77 crores during 2008-09.
IRTC’s tourism portal www.railtourismindia.com is fast growing into a one-stop travel shop to meet all the travel and tourism needs of a customer. On 20th March 2010, a luxury train – The Maharajas Express – was introduced which has been designed on the lines of the best international luxury trains covering important tourist destinations across the country and has been very well received in the international market.
Another tourist train viz. The Mahaparinirvan Express – the Buddhist Circuit Special Train has gained popularity among the domestic and international tourists. It has been awarded The National Tourism Award of Excellence. Bharat Darshan trains are also being operated and marketed by IRTC. 57 Bharat Darshan trips were operated and 22,621 passengers were booked during the year.
IRTC offers a range of rail tour packages across the country as also educational tours for students. During the year, 248 train/coach charters were undertaken by IRTC as against 159 charters during the previous year.
IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking Guide
- For book the tatkal ticket you must have to register first.
- To register online you need to visit official and new lauched website of irctc which already disscussed.
- Now we are follow the steps which is very necessary to save to irctc account.
- before start registration keep mobile phone and valid email id to book tatkal ticket.
- After registration kindly visit the IRCTC Login page again and then search for the train.
- Select the date of Tatkal booking, which is 1 day before of the desire train departure.
- Just search the train and select one as per your requirement.
- Fill the name, age, birth for tatkal booking.
- Make payment through Online SBI, Airtel Money, PayTm, etc.
- After follow these method you can easy book IRTC Tatkal ticket.
31 Powerful Steps for Passenger Features By IRTC
1. Indian Railways introduced 4 social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for the passenger.
2. IRCTC introduced its first real-time 24×7 Twitter complaint system; Medical, safety and other emergency assistance to passengers.
3. All-India Security Helpline Number 182 by IRTC established for the information and accidental assistance of any kind of unpleasant incident during the trip.
4. Provision of All India Traveler Helpline “138” for any kind of inquiry during the travelling.
5. A mobile based application i.e. that compliant arrangement system (coMS) started.
6. E-Catering facility at 250 stations designated other 408 railway stations to provide the e-catering facility.
7. Water Vending Machines (WVMs) to provide pure water at reasonable rates by IRCTC.
8. In the Rail sleeper category for the senior citizens and women, six lower berths per debris have been increased by the reservation quota of two lower berths in each box.
9. Keeping in view the double purpose of providing better management of e-ticket portal and facilitating passengers, the reservation time was sorted.
10. Prohibition on booking tickets to all agents during the first 30 minutes of booking reservation.
11. Confirmation of the Confederate RAC e-ticket without paying the ticket deposit receipt, automatically refunds
12. Destination alert and start-up alarm services at 139
Commuters automatically alert the passengers in the Rajdhani Train and Duronto trains.
13. E-ticketing facility for a concession for disabled persons and recognized journalists.
14. Mobile charging facility in all new general category coaches by IRTC.
15. 1252 stations were excited to upgrade to the “ideal station.” The development of 986 stations, developed 160 stations in the last two years.
16. ‘SMS Gateway’ Scheme for passengers to know the status of tickets reserved for SMS alert.
17. Establishment of New Generation System – 7,200 online tickets can be booked per minute (Before 2,000) and 2,00,000 inquiries can be settled per minute (before 50,000).
18. The computerized passenger reservation system (PRS) was arranged in which the reservation chart could also be made in passenger tickets.
19. PayPal lets unreserved ticket by mobile in suburban areas of the Western, Central, South Central, South, East and South East.
20. Heel Chair e-booking started By IRTC.
21. A pilot scheme for making available to India terminal for TTE.
22. IRCTC E-Booking to provide Disposable Linen on New Delhi, Nizamuddin, Mumbai Central (BCT), Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CSTM) and Chennai Ratan.
23. Establishment of the Coronation Coin Cards Operated Automatic Ticket Vending Machine at some selected stations.
24. IRTC Started the largest free Wi-Fi service in the world – starting at 26 stations by December 2016, 100 The stations included.
25. Online IRCTC booking starts for the retiring room comfortable room at various railway stations.
26. E-ticketing portal starting in Hindi.
27. In last two years, 60 lifts and 150 escalators were installed on railway stations.
28. Provision of accepting the foreign debit card and credit card for e-ticket payments through IRCTC site.
29. Garbage box will be provided in non-AC coaches.
30. The availability of seats for the disabled was increased from 2 to 4.
31. Indian Railway IRTC Deployment of security personnel to provide security for women special trains or in women coaches.