Today, yoga day is a subject of great curiosity around the world after declaration 21 June as International Yoga Day by the United Nations. On 27 September 2014, the Prime Minister of India addressed the United Nations General Assembly and gave a proposal to declared 21 June as international yoga day. Only after 75 days, United national declare an international day of yoga with the co-consent of 177 countries.
इस पेज को पूरा पढने में आपको 7 मिनट और 36 सेकंड का समय लगेगा और आप योग और योग की उपलब्धि के के बारे सभी महत्वपूर्ण जानकारी इकट्ठा कर लेंगे –
अपने मिनटों का ध्यान रखें, घण्टे अपना ध्यान खुद रख लेंगे।- अल्बर्ट आइंस्टीन
The Theme Of International Yoga Day 2019
The theme for the 2018 celebration will be organized by the Permanent Mission of India to the United Nations. Last year yoga day theme was ” Yoga For Health” and yoga theme for 2018 is “Yoga For Peace”. The theme emphasizes the fact that yoga can contribute in an integrated way to achieving a balance between mind and body. Before knowing about yoga day theme 2018 you have to read this all article for your competitive examination because of the high probability of being asked question related to the international day of yoga current affairs and Yoga history, Modi achievement, Yoga popularity. The Theme of international yoga day will share on this page on 21 June 2019.
- Popularity Of Yoga After Declaration Of World Yoga Day 21 June- Notes
- Yoga In America An overview – Popularity Of Yoga
- Yoga In China An Overview – Popularity Of Yoga
- GK Question and Quiz about World Yoga Day
- World Celebrating 21 June Yoga Day – Notes For Upsc, BPSC
- Where Did Yoga come From & Yoga definition OR Meaning
- What Really Yoga Is?
- How Did Yoga Spread Around The World?
- Amazing Ancient History Of Hatha yoga – Story
- Modern History Of Hatya Yoga
- Benefits Of Yoga For Heath 2019
- Yoga For Health Essay Or Notes For Examination
- Yoga For Peace – United Nation
- Notes On – Yoga In Indian School
- Explained – Why Yog?
- Ancient Literature On Yoga
Popularity Of Yoga After Declaration Of World Yoga Day 21 June- Notes
- Yoga is the 13th intangible cultural heritage from India: UNESCO
- The ancient practice of yoga has influenced Indian society in a big way, says UNESCO.
- Yoga offers a simple means to promote physical & spiritual health: Ban Ki-moon
- The entire global community has come together in support of Yoga: Modi
- WHO is working with India to incorporate Yoga into universal healthcare.
- More Americans turning to an ancient fitness regimen for health benefits.
- About 20 million Americans practice yoga.
Yoga In America An overview – Popularity Of Yoga
- Americans spent$11 billion on yoga classes & gear in 2014.
- Yoga studios like Bikram, Ashtanga and Vinyasa can be found all across the USA.
Yoga In China An Overview – Popularity Of Yoga
- China co-sponsored resolution designating June 21 as International Day of Yoga.
- India, China signed an agreement for a Yoga college in May 2015 during PM’s visit.
- China-India Yoga college formally opened on 13 Nov 2015, in Kunming, Yunnan.
- Yoga was introduced in China by Hong Kong practitioner Wai Lana in The 1980s.
In this table, we are discussing theme yoga day of the previous year as well as host place where was international yoga day has been celebrated since 2015 to 2018.if you want to know 2018 theme of yoga then keep touch with us we will provide you information.
|S.N||Internation Yoga Day theme||Year||Host Place|
|1||Yoga For Harmony And Peace||2015||Rajpath(New Delhi)|
|2||Connect the Youth||2016||Chandigarh|
|3||Yoga For Health||2017||Lucknow|
|4||Yoga For Peace||2018||Dehradun|
GK Question and Quiz about World Yoga Day
Yoga international day 2018 is celebrating by millions of people around the world from the studios and gyms of America to the halls of culture in China. Yoga has become one of the world’s favourite holistic health practices and Modi yoga day was first celebrated on 21 June 2015.
Yoga is more than anything else. it’s practice it’s a discipline it is your connection with something that is eternal you can call it consciousness it is that part of you that is untouched by anything said Yog Guru on the celebration of world international yoga day.
World Celebrating 21 June Yoga Day – Notes For Upsc, BPSC
- 193-member UNGA approved International Yoga Day on 11 Dec 2014.
- Grand show at Rajpath in 2015 with over 35,000 people performing yoga Asans.
- Numerous district level yoga training centres opened to celebrate Yoga day.
- Series of events organised by Indian missions across the world on the occasion of Yog day 2018.
- PM Modi led the fourth International Day of Yoga 2018 celebrations from Dehradun.
- The theme of 2017 International Yoga Day is Yoga for Health.
Where Did Yoga come From & Yoga definition OR Meaning
The origins of yoga are shrouded in mystery and mythology while some historians find many clues in the practices of Himalayan Shamans as still be seen in Tibet and Nepal. The Lord considered the father of ancient yoga while some historian claims that Patanjali is the father of modern yoga.
By the 5th century, BC yoga was becoming well known and begun to appear in Vedic Scripture. The word Yoga is a Sanskrit word and it comes from the root word Yuja which basically means to bind to align to hold.
What Really Yoga Is?
The human has always tried to control nature and try to control his environment somewhere in India’s long history the control of nature turned inwards and became about the control of the body and the mind this inner journey became what we know of as yoga.
How Did Yoga Spread Around The World?
British colonized India from the 18th century onwards Yogi’s were seen as eccentric, dangerous madmen who lived at the edge of society and could do all kinds of magic and contortions. Indian Maharaja’s and the British rulers would regularly organize whimsical demonstrations of Yogi’s and magicians and India became known as the exotic land of mystical and magical powers.
By the end of the 19th century, the word yoga had started to become well-known in Europe and America through the work of the Theosophists and the arrival of Swami Vivekananda. Swami taught Americans the ideas behind Raja Yoga and his little book became a Bible to all spiritual seekers in that period and after many years later UN decided to celebrate the international day of yoga.
The Maharaja of Mysore was a great patron of yoga. His teacher was the legendary Krishnamacharya Iyengar and popularized hatha yoga in Mysore and across India.
1952 Yehudi Menuhin and Iyengar became good friends and he arranged for a younger to demonstrate yoga in London Zurich, Paris at New York’s Carnegie Hall. Audiences were amazed at Iyengar’s Yoga and by 1966 he had published his first book called “Light On Yoga” in the next few years this book became the Bible of the new yoga movement spreading around the world.
Amazing Ancient History Of Hatha yoga – Story
Lord Shiva was teaching Parvati the secrets of yoga together they danced the cosmic dance a fish who had swallowed a fisherman came upon them by chance and stopped to watch as Shiva revealed the secrets of yoga to Parvathi the man inside the fish also listened carefully. when Shiva realized they were not alone he was pleased and continued to teach the fish he named the man Matsyendra Nath. Shiva sent him back to teach the world yoga and this is how Hatha yoga came into being.
In the early part of the first millennia, Yoga had become integrated into
mainstream Buddhism Jainism and what later became known as Hinduism with the writing of the Bhagwad Gita the Gita describes four yoga.
Modern History Of Hatya Yoga
A monastic group arose called the Naths that codified the practice of yoga into a training manual and methodology for monks called Hatha yoga in the 12th century. That time Yoga encouraged to become celibate and detached from the world and over 84 Asanas were developed to tune the yogi into a higher state of physical and mental consciousness. These postures were first detailed in the 15th century through a book called the Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
Benefits Of Yoga For Heath 2019
Yoga and meditation help to reduce stress and increase efficiency. Scientific enquiry is also conducted to develop new theories or constructs, which leads to further research. Yoga has a profound effect on the human mind and body and its healing powers have been known for over 2,000 years. it works not only on the joints but also on the endocrine system helping glands to function properly and the effects on the brain are also well documented. Today scientists at India’s NIMHANS are exploring the science of yoga and its effect on the brain and Ministry of AYUSH is responsible for creating awareness about Yoga OR Yoga day celebration.
Yoga For Health Essay Or Notes For Examination
- The approach to health & well-being can have a direct impact on human lives.
- It can help humankind achieve sustainable development.
- Incorporate yoga to reduce non-communicable diseases: WHO
- Yoga an effective therapy for cardiovascular diseases and diabetes: Study
- Yoga is a holistic way to achieve an equilibrium between mind & body: UN
- It will help evolved lifestyles that are in harmony with nature.
Yoga For Peace – United Nation
Yoga can play a vital role in the peace process among the world countries because it will work for each individual in the world. Yoga is seen as a valid complementary practice to traditional medicine and is being recommended by doctors in India and around the world.
Today two billion people are practising Yoga and over 20 million people practice yoga of some kind in America alone. The phenomenon is spreading worldwide in India many advanced teaching and research institutions provide students and wellness seekers with access to some of the world’s best teachers and practices in yoga. Yoga is a universal practice that brings you into balance and harmony with your life no matter what religion or ethnicity you belong to.
The happy yoga day is a festival for all humankind in the celebration time of Modi’s initiated yoga day you can change your life. For this, you have to learn about some Yogis who are teaching and promoting yoga in current time 2019, let’s know about some extraordinary Yoga gurus like Sri-Sri Ravi Shankar, Jaggi Vasudev and Ramdev Baba. A list of Yogis and philosopher who is no more with us but give us new perceptions of life like Osho, Swami Prabodh Chaitanya, B K S Iyengar, K Pattabhi Jois, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Swami Sivananda, Tirumalai Krishnamacharya these people are very famous or respected all around the world. Satyanand Paramhansa, Ramakrishna Paramhansa, Muktananda are also fine examples of Yoga’s Guru.
Notes On – Yoga In Indian School
Indian current government is very serious to promote yoga in India. Indian government ministry of Ayush creates many guidelines for Indian schools. National Curriculum Framework, 2005 recommended Yoga as an integral part of Health & Physical Education.
- Health and Physical Education is a compulsory subject from Class I-X, optional for XI to XII.
- NCERT has brought out two textual materials for the upper primary & secondary stage.
- NCERT organised Yoga Olympiad at school and national level in June 2016.
- CBSE offers a compulsory course titled ‘Health & Physical Education’ in classes VI-XII.
- Ministry of AYUSH has been conducting regular yoga classes for govt employees.
- Over Rs.166 lakhs spent on yoga trainers under Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan in 2016-17.
- About 11,500 physical education teachers of govt secondary schools have been trained.
Explained – Why Yog?
Yog is the philosophy of the entire creation it is not a subject of the intellect, it is the subject of experience. There is no ritual, no lifestyle, no diet, no religion in Yog.
- Modern science is an offshoot of yogic science.
- Pythagoras Theorem is given in Shatpath Brahman.
- Yog is a powerful way to bring the body into a state of balance.
- Yog cannot be bought or sold.
Ancient Literature On Yoga
If you are searching for life’s truth, enlightenment with the help of yoga then you have to just read some ancient book or literature on yoga. Here some books name has been provided. Bhagavad Gita considered as the first book of yoga while Patanjali’s books covered all topic of yoga in Sutra.
- Vishnu Puran
- Sankhya Darsan
- Shiva Samhita
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Bhagavad Gita
Conclusion – This article has been written for the purpose of cover all the topic related to Yoga, Internation Yoga Day, Yoga day celebration, Yoga History, Father of Yoga, How Yoga can change human life and about famous Yogis After reading this article you will get confirmation to solve question and write essay on international yoga day 2019 and Related to Yoga.
For offline reading about Yoga and its benefits you can also download our Android app. For more update related to the theme of yoga day from 2015 to 2019, you can install our app.
This year 2019, many people have participated in international yoga celebration day 2019 from all around all world hope next year in 2020, the number of people will increase. friends, You can also download our official Gkpadho android app for offline reading about yoga and its related information.
Movie List Related To Yoga
- What The Bleep Do We Know (2004)
- Living Yoga (2008)
- Kumare (2011)
- Nobody’s Trip To Nowhere (2012)
- Doing Time Doing Vipassana (2013)
India’s Vice President Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that Yoga has a holistic view of health and well-being with physical, emotional and spiritual dimensions while attending the International Day of Yoga 2018 Festivals in Mumbai. He said that the ancient science of yoga is an invaluable gift of India for the modern world. The Vice President said that Yoga helps a person to control their own random thoughts and allows stability, a peace that creates internal harmony.
“It’s a proud moment for everyone that today, all over the world; people are welcoming the brightness and warmth of the sun with Yoga. From Dehradun to Dublin, from Shanghai to Chicago, and from Jakarta to Johannesburg, yoga is now spread everywhere”, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said On the Occasion On 4th International Yoga Day.