Gaganyaan is the Indian orbital spacecraft for Indian human spaceflight program. the spacecraft is being designed to carry two to three people. Gaganyaan is India’s first manned mission to space. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s announcement on the celebration time of 72nd India’s Independence Day, that an Indian astronaut would go into space by 2022.
अगर आप गगनयान मिशन के बारे में हिंदी में पढ़ना चाहते हैं तो आपको सबसे निचे एक लिंक मिलेगा उस पर क्लिक करें| लाल रंग में लिखा गया लिंक आपको गगनयान की जानकारी हिंदी में प्रस्तुत करेगा|
The Indian Space Research Organisation has finally got a definitive timeline for a project. it has been working on for the last several years. India will become IV nation after USA, Russia and China to send a human to space.ISRO last month successfully conducted its first “Pad Abort Test” from Satish Dhawan Space Centre.
The Pad Abort Test OR crew escape system is an emergency escape system, that helps pull the crew away from the launch vehicles if a mission has to be aborted.
|Mission Name||Gaganyaan Mission|
|Announcement By||Prime Minister Modi|
Gaganyaan mission will be launched on the ISRO’s biggest rocket named the GSLV Mark 3 from Sriharikota. exhilarated at the announcement top scientist at ISRO exhibit optimism in for the challenge.
- It’s made include mission the 3.77 capsule will Orbit the earth at an altitude of 400 km for up to 7 days with a 3 person crew onboard.
- Its service module is powered by two liquid propellant engine.
- The space capsule will have life support and environmental control systems.
- It is equipped with an emergency mission to abort an emergency escape that can be done at the first and second stage of the rocket.
- The mission is estimated to cost around 9000 rupees.
- The spacecraft will be monitored 24/7 from the ISRO telemetry tracking and command centre in Peenya
ISRO has revealed the spacecraft will be smaller than the current Russian, Chinese, Nasa plant Orion spacecraft or past Apollo capsules with slightly larger than the past U.S.A Gemini spacecraft.
It has developed the most of the critical technology is needed for this Mission ISRO will set up a full-fledged training facility in Bengaluru to train astronauts.
Technological development of Gaganyaan mission started in 2006, under the generic name the orbital vehicle. the plan was to design a simple capsule similar to the Mercury class spacecraft with an endurance of about a week and space.
It was designed to carry two astronauts and to land underwater upon free entry. that design was finalized by March 2008 and was submitted to the Government of India for funding.
What exactly are the risks involved in the spaceflight & how difficult is sending a human being into space?
Gaganyaan manned mission is a tricky enterprise, one that not only involved a lot of money but also human endurance, training and expertise. above all the challenge is to the human inside the machine.
The first challenge for any Astronaut is negotiating the change in the gravitational field, transitioning from one to another effect hand-eye and head-eye coordination.
Without gravity working on the human body bones lose minerals putting astronauts at risk of osteoporosis-related fractures. Lack of exercise and improper diet makes them lose muscle strength and even develop vision problems.
The second challenge the travel within the rock, it is unlike any travel that normal people experience, rocket achiever speed from 0 km per hour to 29000 Km per hour in less than 30 minutes.
Rockets often disintegrate in the launch phase itself despite the many inbuilt safety features. moreover, know the system can be tested in the actual operating environment. once they are in space on space stations Astronaut get over 10 times radiations then what people are subjected to on earth. radiation causes Cance,r damages, The Nervous System triggers nausea, vomiting, anorexia and fatigue.
Innumerable movies have shown that space is hostile, it has no atmosphere, without pressure in human blood heats up. space vehicles need to have an atmosphere like earth, ensure an adequate supply of oxygen along with comfortable temperature and humidity levels.
Lastly, despite all the training behavioural issues crop up due to isolation, astronauts could encounter depression, fatigue, sleep disorders and psychiatric disorders.
Over the year, ISRO has been texting and stabilizing technologies to send the manned mission.let’s take a look at ISRO manned mission-related history.
ISRO has been focusing its resources on testing and developing various Technologies to send a manned mission to space.
- Its efforts over the last 3 decades have resulted in the GSLV Mark III in December 2014.
- Also called the LVM 3 or the launch vehicle Mark III.
- ISRO successfully launched the first developmental flight of LVM 3 in June 2017.
- LVM 3 is said to be the launch vehicle for taking them and crew module into space
- ISRO is also perfecting cryogenic technology to send have your pillows to assist the mission.
Satellites launched by ISRO are meant to remain in space even after the life is over, even the Chandrayaan and Mangalyaan are not meant to return to earth. but not Gaganyaan as a manned spacecraft it needs to return with the human beings inside it.
- This involves mastering the complicated process of re-entry and recovery.
- Re-entry will mean the spacecraft needs to visit and the very high temperature is created due to friction
- Also, the spacecraft needs to re-enter the atmosphere at a very precise speed and angle.
- On December 18th 2014 the GSLV Mark III successfully tested an experimental crew module that came back to Earth from an altitude of 126 km into space.
- Call the crew module atmospheric reentry experiment, it entered the atmosphere at a height of 80 km and landed in the sea near the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The third technology is the emergency escape mechanism for an astronaut.
- The crew escape system will ensure that the crew module gets advance warning if anything goes wrong with the rocket.
- It pulls away to a safe distance after which it can be landed either on sea or on land with a parachute.
- On July 5th ISRO completed the first successful flight of the crew escape system.
- Assimilated crew module wearing about 3.5 times was launched from Sriharikota.
- It reached 2.7 km into space before and falling is parachute and floating back to the Earth’s surface.
Lastly, there is the environmental control and life support system, that ensures that conditions inside the crew module are suitable for human. the crew module is a mini world steel structure that creates Earth-like conditions for astronauts.
- Crew module can carry two or three Astronaut.
- Maintains cabin pressure air, composition, remove carbon dioxide and other harmful gases, control the temperature and humidity and managers parameters like fire detection and suppression of food and water management an emergency support.
You Can Also Read About Gaganyaan Mission In Hindi–Click Here